Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Busy Times vs. Quiet Times


                                                                                  
          For years I had been struggling to fit my devotions into my day, but so many times I would never "get time".  I thought so much about how if I just had a little more time in the morning- Then I would have time to do my devotions.  However, I found that I was going about my quiet time with Jesus the wrong way.  I had switched my time priorities and been thinking of how my devotions would fit in my schedule, instead of how my schedule could fit into my day as a daughter of Christ.  One other point I had is that a devotion does not have to be some huge elaborate ceremonial practice.  Instead it could be as simple as reading a couple verses (or even just one verse) and writing down your thoughts on it.  What you liked about it, what you didn't understand, etc.  I still struggle with taking my time with God in the morning- The devil brings so much to our attention.  Things which we think will only take a minute, and end up taking so much more.  However, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phillipians 4:13).  He can help us to appreciate and love to read his word more than all the distractions the world can give us.

5 comments:

  1. Katrina, I love this! This is so true, I believe this just might help me! I love it. <3

    http://introducing-inspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Katrina! This post is truly inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve! Just remember, He can always help you if you only trust in Him!

      Delete