Friday, September 19, 2014

Switchfoot

          Switchfoot is one of my top favorite bands.  For one, they really have meaning to their songs.  I don't know about you, but many songs that are played on Christian Radio are so repetative that, even though they are worship songs, get so old they annoy me.  Switchfoot however back in 2013 Songwriter Jon Foreman announced that they would not be writing "Christian Songs" any more.  This was surprising, however  this article including an interview with Jon Foreman, explains their reasons, and makes me appreciate their music even more.  They chose to use their music as a way of reaching out to a different croud.  They chose to use their music as not just a way of worship, but a way of expressing their want to help those in need.  They chose to use their music to be a light into the world.


Blinding light

*below are the two most inspiring verses of the song*

Hey boy, don't believe them
Their old lies never could come true
Hey boy, don't believe them

Everything that they told you to

Hey boy, don't believe them

We're the nation that eats our youth

Hey boy, don't believe them

None of us are bulletproof
Yeah

Hey girl, be yourself now
Don't believe what they told you to
Hey girl, be yourself now
Your skin's more than a pin-up suit
Hey girl, don't conform now
No one else's got soul like you
Hey girl, you're a strong one
But none of us are bulletproof
Yeah



         I'm not saying that todays artists such as Chris Tomlin or Lincoln Brewster are bad.  They just aren't to my taste in music, and I think that sometimes people could broaden their horizens and reach out to different audiences.  And that is why I like Switchfoot so much.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I did not know that about Switchfoot! I have heard of them, but I did not know much about them. I will definitely be checking out their music. =)

    ReplyDelete