Friday, September 19, 2014

Brave

So I thought we could talk about bravery in this post. Being brave is easier said than done. It's hard to be brave, because we are afraid of the consequences. Fear is something that always holds us back. I think a lot of us misunderstand the meaning of what bravery really is. I don't know about you, but when I think of  a person being brave, I think of someone you who is fearless. Although, that's not the case. To be brave we must accept our fears but not let them cloud our minds from what is truly important. Being brave doesn't mean we have to do a heroic act of some sort. Just being brave enough to share our faith with those who want to know more, or even just saying "hi" to the new kid. Just being a light in a dark world is being brave. Bravery is something I've always struggled with. To tell you the truth I'm a scaredy-cat. In Deuteronomy 31:6 it says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” I love that verse. God is specifically telling us that even when it's hard to be brave, he is right there with us to guide and to help us. He will never leave us. I'm so glad we have a God that can make even those who are afraid be brave.

“Without fear there cannot be courage.” 
― Christopher Paolini

The song below is amazing! It's now one of my favs!

~Be Brave~

3 comments:

  1. So inspiring Eve! Thanks, I really needed this ♥

    hugs

    ~Maiya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the nail on the head when you said that bravery is not having no fears, but rather recognizing your fears, and not letting them control you. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete