Monday, July 14, 2014

Let It Go

Hello beautiful readers!

^When you saw the title, probably the first thing that came into your mind was...
FROZEN!

But that isn't exactly what this post is about.

So I've been having a lot of trouble with "letting go" of my anger. Now don't get me wrong, I am normally a calm, people pleaser, laid back type of person. The only problem with that is I bottle everything up inside. I always bury the anger inside of me deeper and deeper, but eventually I will be filled to the rim in anger and it's all going to spill out. So as you can see, it takes all lot to get me angry.

I am just tired of people lying to me,
 and how they pretend to be someone else.
I'm sick of people's attitudes
and how they never listen to me.

But if you saw me, with all this anger bottled up inside, you could never even tell I was even a smidge mad. I just bury it deeper and deeper.

I need to empty my anger to God. He is the only one who will carry our burdens and never judge us.
I need to let it go like in the song.

♪Don't let them in,
don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel,
don't let them know
Well now they know♪

 This really describes me and how I've been feeling. The lyrics are so powerful for just a Disney song. :)

♪Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway♪

To let go of anger there is something you always have to do...
Forgive.

for·give
fərˈgiv/
verb
  1.  stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake.



Forgiving is one of the hardest things to do. I think some people think that it's like the expression, "Forgive and Forget." Truth is you can never forget when someone said something mean about you, etc. To me forgiveness is letting go of the anger that someone caused and giving it to God.
Because let's be honest, we can't handle it on our own. We need God to help us through the hard times and we can not do it by ourselves.

Here is a bible verse I am trying to memorize. There is so much meaning in those words.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. -Colossians 3:12-13

Here's the song that inspired this post:

If your tired of the traditional one, try this amazing one!

4 comments:

  1. This is a nice post! I also have trouble letting go of anger sometimes.- Jollygirl fro the blog: http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder:) We need the fruits of the Holy Spirit (Gal. 5:22) more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're angry and you feel like you're about to explode from all that bottled up anger, maybe you could make a list of all the happy things in your life. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Alex Boye and I love Let it Go! Thanks for this post. I know just how you feel. Hope things go better soon!

    ReplyDelete