Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Book Thief Review

So, hello! I'm Eve.
 This blog was looking a bit bare so I decided to post a small (but lovely) post.
So I have recently read The Book Thief, and I absolutely loved it.
It is written by Markus Zusak.
I thought I would do a book review on it.

~It it 1939~
~Nazi Germany~
Liesel Meminger is a young girl who has no family to call her own. Her life changes when she meets her new foster parents that live outside of Munich and becomes their daughter. With the help of her foster father, she learns to read and shares the books she stole with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jew that is hidden in their basement.

Narrated by an unlikely narrator, this book tells the story of life,
in all its beauty and brutality.
And about the humans who never gave up hope.
My review on this book:
This is such an amazing book. The writing was breathtaking and the story will capture your heart. 
The characters show a different side of the war. The one no one normally hears about.
It's definitely something I could read over and over again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Age: 13 and up.

Language: Yes, there is. Most of it is in German though.

Romance: No "bad" romance in it.

Violence: Yes, since this was a time where bombing and killing were in abundance, there are some violent parts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read the book, you should definitely watch the movie.
Here's the trailer for it:

I hope you enjoyed my first post on this blog! Thanks for reading. :)

~“The words were on their way, and when they arrived,~
~she would hold them in her hands like the clouds, ~
~and she would wring them out like the rain.”~ 


4 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been wanting to read The Book Thief for a while, but I've heard there is some objectionable language in it. Is it bad, or are there only a couple times they swear? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michaela! At first the book has a little more language than I would like it to have but after a while to sorta mellows down. The most swear words are at the beginning and then throughout it, it has mostly swear words in German. Normally I don't read anything that has a little too many swear words, but believe me, this book is amazing. :) I hope I was of help.

      Delete
  2. I should try reading it! I glanced through it once and it was really unique. I trust your reviews though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book Theif is one of my fave books of all time :)

    ReplyDelete