Friday, June 27, 2014

He Has A Plan

Hi, everyone! I'm Abby, but you will most likely know me as MorningTime4 from my blog, The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life. 

First posts are always so awkward for me. You really don't know what to say because this is the first post that you're writing, and you want to make a good impression. That, and I'm just awkward in general. I'm really optimistic and creative, but I tend to always get excited super quick and trip during the most random times, like walking up the stairs. (Usually people trip while wearing heels or skirts, but not me! I easily run in those things. I trip when I'm just walking.) 

There's an outtake song from the movie Frozen called "More Than Just A Spare," and some of the lyrics that described herself kind of applied to me, too.

"I may lack style and I may lack grace. And once in a while I might fall on my face."  

In fact, while I was taking pictures for a blog post (some of you already know this), I accidentally tripped over a pile of books that were in plain sight. Even my family would agree that I trip a lot.

Sometimes, I ask myself, why am I awkward? Eccentric? Creative tossed in with optimism? Why do I get along with college-aged people much better than the people in my grade? Our personalities are supposed to be formed by our environments, right? I grew up in a town with a lot of people, and even with that I met tons of people. Just at taekwondo alone, I met about 500 people in the span of four years. And overall in the last five years, I've met around 1,000 people from activities outside of school.

Yet still I am nothing like anyone else around me. While the girls in my class drew 100% of the time, I went to go and play and build things with LEGOs. When most people in sixth grade stood around in the freezing cold, I swung on the swing sets and occasionally jumped off and land. I joined in crazy fort building and noodle LARPing-- two things that happened a lot when we had an hour before taekwondo sparring class. 

One of the things that I learned from my state's church youth conference is that we are all made in God's image and we are called to do something here in this world. Whether our call is to take on a religious vocation or a regular vocation, even if it's just being a student, we all bring something different and special. And we should totally embrace that! 

And even if you don't think you are unique and special, just remind yourself of everything and everyone that you have seen and taken in, the beauty of this world that you have seen. People may go through similar things as you do-- something that's great, because you know who to get advice from and know the people who you could relate to-- but in the end, your journey is different than any other 108 billion people who have lived here on this planet. 

So, yes. Maybe I am different, the girl out of four cousins, including herself, who wasn't interested in makeup beginning in sixth grade, or the girl who decided to sit at that one co-education table when all of the other tables consisted of either all boys or girls, or the girl who likes apricots. But you know what? God has something great in store for you and I. That's the reason why I was born this way, the reason why you are born the way you are.

God has something in store for you, too. Just don't be afraid to listen to what He has to say, and be yourself.

Just some pictures of some of my favorite moments, in no particular order. From left to right:
1) The last day of school, 2014!
2) My stay at the hotel after local theater rehearsal.
3) Writing, my most favorite hobby of all time.
4) Hanging out with my family while drinking boba!
5) My friends and what they wrote on the school board.
images taken by me, please do not steal

8 comments:

  1. Agreed! Everyone one of us is different, yet God has made a special plan for us. Through hard times, we just have to have faith and trust in His Divine Providence. :) Great blog so far, keep up the good work!
    xxLizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, this (the lesson I talked about in the blog post) was something that kept me holding on; the summer before fifth grade, I hit some rough spots in life and didn't know where to go, but now, I'm still here, and still waiting for what my calling is.

      xoxo Abby

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is just what I needed today :)
    Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad that this helped you. ^.^ (That came out awkward... :P)

      xoxo Abby

      Delete
  3. The message in this is so great. It's wonderful how you can embrace that God has made you unique and use it to inspire others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I love this message, too. Something I learned from enduring hard times. We just have to embrace ourselves, ya know? :)

      xoxo Abby

      Delete
  4. Loved this post! You write so well Abby x

    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete